Home First Contact Information
Carrick Home First: 01326 430077
East Home First: 01579 373572
Kerrier Home First (South): 01326 430212
Kerrier Home First (North): 01209 318102
North Home First: 01208 834500
Penwith Home First: 01736 755756 (General Public)
01736 758524 (Referring Clinicians Only)
Restormal Home First: 01726 873215
Please use these contact details if you have any questions.
The aim of the service is to provide short-term reablement to help you recover at home safely whilst you are unwell. Homefirst will work with you to identify what support you need and how we can provide it to you, if required.
The duration of our support depends on your needs, which will be assessed on the first day you are home.
Our team is comprised of Nurses, Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapists and Support Workers.
We will establish whether you:
- Are safe managing on your own, or would benefit from a short term support from our services with personal care or meal preparation.
- Will be safe to manage at home on your own after a period of time.
- Will require on-going support at home, in which case we will refer you to the appropriate service.
Who will do the assessment?
A qualified health professional will visit you at home to assess your needs.
A treatment plan will be agreed with you, which may include our team visiting you at home daily to support your recovery.
What can we help you with?
As a team we look at reablement potential; we aim to support you to regain a level of independence to ensure you can remain at home safely.
Activities we can assist with include:
- Ensuring you are safe moving around your home. This may include the provision of appropriate equipment if needed, e.g. walking stick or frame.
- Ensuring you are safe and able to get in and out of your bed and chairs.
- Ensuring you can access a toilet or commode.
- Ensuring you are able to wash and dress yourself. We may assist you with this task In the beginning, if required.
- Ensuring you are safe and able to prepare meals and drinks for yourself.
Will I have to pay?
Our short-term service (of up to 2 weeks) is free of charge.
Should you require on-going care it may incur a cost. The process will be explained to you by your Key Worker.
Who do I contact if I have any questions?
On your introduction to the team you will assigned a Key Worker (see reverse for details).
Opening hours: 09:00 to 17:00 every day, including weekends and bank holidays.
Reablement workers are available: 08:00 to 20:00.