Expert Patient Programme
Free online self management course for people living with long-term health conditions
The Expert Patient Programme is a six week course which aims to give you additional skills to self-manage your condition and develop a better relationship with the healthcare professionals who support you.
Would you like:
- To improve your quality of life
- Learn new skills to manage your health condition
- Meet others and share experiences
- Communicate better with family, friends and professionals
- Feel confident and more in control of your condition
The Expert Patient Programme is being run by CFT online for anyone living with a long term health condition. The course is delivered over six weeks for no more than 2 hours, led by volunteer Trainers with lived experience. Course sessions will cover:-
- Relaxation techniques
- Dealing with difficult emotions
- Eating healthily
- Coping with depression
- Pain and fatigue management
- Planning for the future
There are six to eight courses a year across the whole county; the location and dates depend on venues and availability of tutors. The currently available courses are listed below:
in the community are currently on hold.
EPP Online course
4 November to 16 December 11:00 until 1:30 pm FULL
To register for our courses, the dates available are:
Tuesday 18 January 1 March 11.00 until 1.30pm
Wednesday 9 February - Wednesday 23 March 11.00 until 1.30pm.
Caring for Me and You ( Currently online only )
Register your interest for our new Carers course for people who also live with a long-term health condition and care for someone.
Self-care after Covid ( Currently online only )
Wednesday 3 November to 15 December 11:00 until 1:30pm FULL
Dates to be confirmed for 2022 please register your interest.
Caring for Me and You
Free self-management online courses for carers
Would you like to:
- manage your caring situation more effectively
- be realistic about the impact of your caring situation on yourself and your families
- meet others and share experiences
- communicate better with family, friends and professionals
- feel confident and more in control of your own lives
Caring for Me and You is being run by the Trust online for anyone living with a long-term health condition and caring for someone.
The course is delivered over six weeks for 2 hours 30 minutes, led by volunteer trainers with lived experience. Course sessions will cover:
- relaxation techniques
- dealing with tiredness
- eating healthily
- coping with depression
- planning for the future
The online course will start in February 2021.
Volunteer Trainers – Expert Patient Programme
Do you have personal experience of self-managing any long term health condition? Do you have good communication skills and an awareness of disability issues?
Could you deliver our award winning 6 week self-management programme for people living with long term health conditions?
Contact Christine on 01726 873253
Information Volunteer – Expert Patient Programme
Do you have personal experience of living with and self-managing any long term health condition?
Could you deliver leaflets and promotional material relating to the Expert Patient programme to Doctor’s Surgery’s and local Hospitals within your locality?
Could you support Trainers when they are delivering a course in the community by setting up the venue and assisting them?
Contact Christine on 01726 873253
- Arthritis UK
- British Heart Foundation
- COPD British Lung Foundation
- Cystic Fibrosis UK
- Fibromyalgia UK Information Booklets
- Macmillan Cancer Support
- M.E. (Myalgic Encephalopathy) Association
- Mind UK Mental health
- Outlook SW can help with Anxiety, Stress, Depression and related conditions.
- Parkinson's UK
- PTSD UK
- Stroke Association
- Vasculitis UK
Food Fact Sheets (British Diabetic Association)
Healthy Eating (British Heart Foundation)
- Carers UK
- Caring for yourself (when caring for others) - an NHS PDF with links to mobile apps, websites and videos covering various topics such as exercise, diet, wellbeing etc.
- Lasting Power of Attorney (UK.GOV)
- Living Wills
- Samaritans coping with mental health issues
- Social Care and Support
- Exercising with Arthritis (Versus Arthritis)
- Benefits and Work a guide to the UK benefits system
- What is Social Prescribing? an explanatory video.
01579 373500 or 07824 598626