PALS contact information

PALS office, Cornwall Partnership NHS Foundation Trust, Room 11, Banham House, Bodmin Hospital, Bodmin, PL31 2QT

Anyone with a question, concern or who wishes to make a complaint should call 01208 834 620 or email the PALS team.

Patient advice and liaison service

Independent advice and support

The patient advice and liaison service (PALS) is a free and confidential service.

The PALS team act independently of clinical teams when handling patient and family concerns and complaints. The team will speak to staff, managers, and other organisations, when required to negotiate immediate and prompt solutions.

The team works in line with the NHS Complaints Regulations 2009.

Delays in responding

We're currently dealing with a backlog of queries. Responding to you may take longer than usual, but we still want you to contact us. We’ve added some additional capacity to the team however, it may take us longer than usual to respond.

If your concern or query relates to duty of candour, please be advised to contact your nominated point of contact, this is likely to be a healthcare professional from the team that you or your family member is receiving or received care and treatment

What to do if you have a concern, comment, complaint, or compliment

Your feedback, positive and negative, helps us to improve our services.

If you are unhappy about your care, the care of a relative, or any aspect of our services, you should first try to speak to a member of staff who was with you at the time. If you are unable to speak to them, you should contact another member staff in that team. They may be able to resolve your concerns straight away.

If you are unable to resolve your concerns by talking to a member of staff, please contact PALS. We provide support and advice to patients, their families, carers, and friends.

How we can help

PALS can help and support you with:

  • advice and information
  • comments and suggestions
  • compliments and thanks
  • informal complaints
  • advice about how to make a formal complaint

If the PALS team cannot answer your questions, they will put you in contact with someone who can help you.