About the team
The adult community learning disabilities team work with people aged 18 or older who have a GP in Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly.
- assessment, treatment and support to people who find it difficult to access other health services because of their learning disability
- support and advice to other health services when they find it hard to provide the right support to people because of their learning disability
We are a team of different health professionals who work together to think about the health needs of the whole person.
The team include:
- support workers
- clinical psychologists
- occupational therapists
- speech and language therapists
- a dietician
What we do?
We work with people who have a learning disability and:
We pledge to:
- treat people and their families with dignity, value their wishes and listen to them
- provide high quality services
- reduce health inequalities
- work together with the support network around the person to increase their confidence and capability to safely meet the person’s needs and ensure a good quality life
- be clear with others about who we are and what we do
- keep the person at the centre of their care
How to make a referral
Complete a learning disabilities referral form. Email the completed form to the learning disabilities allocation team.
If you are unsure whether we can offer the right type of health support, please contact us and we would be happy to discuss this further.
Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm.
- East community team, Carew House, Beacon Technology Park, Dunmere Road, Bodmin, PL31 2QN. Call 01208 834 455.
- West community team, Kernow Building, Wilson Way, Pool, Redruth, TR14 3QE. Call 01209 204 025.