Adult Community Learning Disabilities Team
The Adult Community Learning Disabilities Team work with people over 18 who have a GP in Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly.
- Assessment, treatment and support to people who find it difficult to access other health services because of their learning disability.
- Support /advice to other health services when they find it hard to provide the right support to people because of their learning disability.
Who are we?
We are a team of different health professionals who work together to think about the health needs of the whole person.
Speech and Language Therapists
What we do?
We work with people who have a learning disability and:
- Behaviours that are challenging to understand and support
- Profound and Multiple Learning Disabilities (PMLD)
- Mental health concerns
- Epilepsy (hyperlink to Epilepsy Cornwall)
We have Autism Accreditation to work with people who have a learning disability, autism and a health need.
- To treat people and their families with dignity, value their wishes and listen to them
- To provide high quality services
- To reduce health inequalities
- To work together with the support network around the person to increase their confidence and capability to safely meet the person’s needs and ensure a good quality life
- To be clear with others about who we are and what we do
- To keep the person at the centre of their care.
How to make a referral
Complete our form (hyperlink) and email it to: cpn-tr.LDallocations@nhs.net
If you are unsure whether we can offer the right type of health support, please contact us and we would be happy to discuss this further.
Monday to Friday 9-5pm
East Community Team
Carew House, Beacon Technology Park, Dunmere Road, Bodmin, PL31 2QE
Telephone: 01208 834455
West Community Team
Kernow Building, Wilson Way, Pool, Redruth. TR14 3QE
Telephone: 01209 219251