How our service works
The Outlook South West, Healthy Outlook therapists provide guided self-help, therapy and courses to people with mild to moderate low mood, worry, stress due to the impact of living with long term physical health conditions.
When we receive a referral from your physical health professional, we will arrange an assessment appointment with you.
In the assessment appointment we will work together to identify the most helpful talking therapy option for you.
We offer a range of National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) talking therapy services including:
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT)
- Guided self-help with therapists via telephone and video
- Digital platforms available 24/7 on any device (phone, computer, tablet) and supported by one of our therapists
Treatment for your physical and mental health works best when it is joined up. We will work with you and your physical health care team to help you:
- Understand the links between physical and mental health.
- Learn ways to manage negative thoughts, feelings of stress and low mood and behaviours that may be adding to the difficulties.
The aim of this is to help you to manage your physical and mental health to promote an improved quality of life.