Health Works for Cornwall
Are you currently unemployed, interested in working in health and care, but experiencing barriers to employment?
The Cornwall Partnership NHS Foundation Trust is excited to be one of the Health Works for Cornwall delivery partners, representing the NHS in Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly and the many different, varied job opportunities there are within health and care.
Health Works for Cornwall is part funded by the European Social Fund, with Cornwall Council being principal match funders. The project is designed to help those who are not currently working and experience barriers to employment.
As the NHS is one of the largest employers in Cornwall, with over 350 different job opportunities, plus apprenticeships and volunteering, Health Works for Cornwall can support participants into health and care careers; including social care as well. We can also support participants from across the whole of Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly.
By signing up to the Health Works for Cornwall programme with CFT, participants can access:
- 121 personalised support and mentoring
- ‘An Introduction to the NHS’ virtual programme which enables participants to gain more of an understanding of the NHS as a whole, meet different professionals and hear about their job roles, in-depth workshops focusing on how to apply for NHs jobs, and other workshops focusing on key skills
- Support with job searching , job applications, interviews
- Support with functional skills
- Work shadowing and volunteering (Covid restrictions permitting)
- Financial assistance to help with travel and childcare costs
- Meet all of the essential criteria on the job description? We aim to guarantee you an interview!
- Continued support once in employment or training
To be eligible for Health Works, you need to be a UK resident aged 16+ and experiencing a health-related barrier to employment of some kind.
- Not in employment?
- Not taking part in another ESF funded project?
- Have a health condition (including physical or mental health related)?
If so, we can help support you into employment. Examples of a health related barrier could be anxiety, depression, auto immune disease, physical disability, stress from job searching…any health issue!
We can also provide support if you have a health related barrier and fall into any of the below groups (please note that these are examples; we can still provide support if you do no fall in to one of the groups below):
- Have a learning disability/difficulty
- Aged 50+
- Have caring responsibilities
- Have low or no formal qualifications/no basic skills
- Belong to an ethnic minority
- Receive childcare support
- Live in a single adult household
Health Works for Cornwall can be your stepping stone into employment: Where will your journey start?
If you would like to find out more, or to find out if you’re eligible, please email us at email@example.com
If you are interested in accessing Health Works for Cornwall, please complete the referral form and send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact us if you would like support completing the referral form.
Kirsty Carter Project Coordinator: 07909997107
Becci Dombrick Project Officer: 07393792035
Facebook: CFT- Health Works for Cornwall