Early Help Hub Contact information
Early Help Hub
The Early Help Hub is a single point of access for Council and Cornwall Foundation Trust Early Help services for children and families .
What is the Early Help Hub
The Early Help Hub is a single point of access for Council and Cornwall Foundation Trust Early Help services for children and families
. The Early Help Hub consists of a team of professionals who will direct referrals to the most appropriate service
Referrers can request a specific service. However, if the referrer is unsure which service is appropriate, then please use the box on the form “unsure Early Help Hub to advise” . The Early Help Hub will ensure the referral is directed or signposted to an appropriate service. The team will communicate any changes in referral management to the referrer and the family.
Who can be referred?
- Individuals from the antenatal period to 18 years (19 years for FNP)
- Individuals can be referred up to the age of 25 years if they have a Special Educational Need or a disability.
Who can refer to the service?
- Any health care or other professional
- Or any family member/friend who have identified a need for support.
- For services that accept self-referrals individuals can refer themselves via www.cornwall.gov.uk/earlyhelp
Which services are included?
Autistic Spectrum Disorder Assessment
Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services – CAMHS
Children’s Community Nursing/Diana Team
Early Years Inclusion Service (Council Service)
Family Group Conferencing (Council Service)
Family Intervention Programme (Council Service)
Family Nurse Partnership Family Support (Council Service)
Health Visiting (new referrals for children aged 2+)
Paediatric Epilepsy Nurse Specialists Parenting Support (Council Service)
Portage (Council Service)
Speech and Language Therapy
Targeted Youth Support (Council Service)
Video Interactive Guidance (Council Service)
Which services are excluded?
Referrals to see a paediatrician
(follow existing processes)
Community Paediatric referrals (follow existing processes)
Community Physiotherapy ( follow existing processes)
Child protection referrals (refer to the Multi Agency Referral Unit)
How to make a referral
1. Gain consent from the person with legal responsibility for:
- The referral to be made to the Early Help Hub
- Information to be shared with both Cornwall Foundation Trust and Cornwall Council Children’s Social Care Services
- If the person does not wish their information to be shared between organisations we will respect that wish and ensure it is dealt with by the appropriate agency
- For information sharing advice see: supportincornwall.org.uk
2. Download and complete the relevant ‘Request for Help’ form
(found at www.cornwall.gov.uk/earlyhelphub) on behalf of the patient and submit electronically by email to the Hub.
If you are unsure which service you require use the generic Early Help Hub request form. and email: email@example.com
The website for professionals is www.cornwall.gov.uk/earlyhelphub