Vision and values
Cornwall Partnership NHS Foundation Trust (CFT) delivers community health services to children and young people, and mental health dementia and learning disability services to people of all ages across Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly.
The majority of the Trust’s services are based in local communities, enabling care to be provided as close as possible to where people live. Our clinical services are organised into core clinical areas. Our quality achievements are underpinned by our strong track record or successful service and financial delivery.
The Trust operates under licence from Monitor (NHS Improvement). We achieved our Foundation Trust on 1 March 2010. The Foundation Trust supersedes the Cornwall Partnership NHS Trust which was established on 1 April 2002. The Trust employs nearly 4000 people and is one of the largest local employers. More information on the Trust is available on this website and also in our Annual Report and Accounts.
Links to other Documents
Vision and Values
As an organisation, our vision is “Delivering high quality care”. This vision is underpinned by five strategic objectives:
- to deliver high quality, safe and accessible services
- to maximise the potential of our workforce to deliver high quality patient care
- to achieve best value and ensure the Trust is sustainable and financially sound into the future
- to diversify and develop services that meet commissioner and patient needs and expectations
- to improve health and wellbeing by working in partnership to create life opportunities for our patients.
These objectives are supported by our CARE values which are:
- Compassionate services
- Achieving high standards
- Respecting individuals
- Empowering people.
To ensure we do this our services:
- involve patients and carers in the planning and delivery of care
- aim to be accessible so that help can be obtained when and where it is needed
- promote the safety of patients, carers and staff and the wider public
- provide well co-ordinated services between all staff and agencies
- aim to do this by delivering high quality treatment and care which is both effective and acceptable